Law Libraries – A Law Library is the primary site for study and research for the law school community – law students, professors, local judiciary and the public seeking legal information. It provides vital, timely and efficient library services to that community. This webpage is dedicated to promoting and enhancing the value of law libraries to the legal and public communities. As such, these institutions provide a timely and up-to-date database of texbooks, reference books, circular and other resources that fill the needs of their consituencies such as law students, practicing lawyers and the judiciary in each community. At each law school, the law library provides 21st century access to legal history, knowledge, repository & information that supports each law student’s pursuit in law school and beyond. Each Law Library is unique and offers a blend of historical, legal & judicial knowledge. This page attempts to provide a portal to the Top 14 law libraries & a few more.
In the Links
For more information on the various Law Libraries & the type of information, media & services offered at each of the Top 14 Law Schools, please follow the link to their own websites.
Top 14 Law Schools
- Yale Law Library The Lillian Goldman Law Library is located within the heart of the Yale Law School complex, providing the Law School community with ready access to one of the world’s finest collections of printed legal materials.
- Stanford Law Library
- Harvard Law Library
- Columbia Law Library
- UChicago Law Library
- NYU Law Library
- UCBerkeley Law Library
- UPenn Law Library the Biddle Law Library supports the research, education, and scholarship of the Penn Law faculty and students.
- UVirginia Law Library Welcome to the Arthur J. Morris Law Library at the University of Virginia School of Law.
- UMichigan Law Library The Law Library’s purpose is to build collections and provide services to support the teaching and research needs of Law School faculty and students.
- Duke Law Library
- Northwestern Law Library
- Georgetown Law Library
- Cornell Law Library
- UCLA Law Library The Hugh and Hazel Darling Law Library is the primary place for study and research for the UCLA School of Law community
- Pace Law Library
- Roger Williams Law Library
- Fordham Law Library The Leo T. Kissam Law Library is one of the elite legal research and study facilities in the New York metropolitan area.