To better help you in your travels through the law and beyond, we have put together these law links. There are five main categories, so far. There could be many more & we will be updating them as time goes on. Enjoy!
It’s important to keep in mind that when you are looking for a specific link, you need to check this page first before you spend time on the web hunting for that information. This page aims to keep important links at your fingertips. We have done the work, it is now your mission to find the information you were looking. Enjoy!
- The 2016 Vault Law 100 is here! This year, nearly 17,000 law associates rated law firms on a scale of 1 to 10
based on prestige.
- US News & World Best Law Firms – U.S. News and Best Lawyers, the leading survey of lawyers worldwide, have joined to rank nearly 9,000 firms in 81 practice areas in 171 metropolitan areas and 7 states.
- Shipping News – Clerkship openings around the country provided by UVa’s law school
- Lawjobs.com – Your hiring partner
- OSCAR – This is the central online resource for federal law clerk and appellate court staff attorney hiring. OSCAR (Online System for Clerkship Application and Review) is a secure, user-friendly, online resource that streamlines federal law clerk and appellate staff attorney hiring. OSCAR’s extensive set of features allows users to easily manage every aspect of the hiring process. Using OSCAR, judges and staff attorney offices can find the candidate most suited to their needs, and applicants can find a position that fits their unique interests and talents. If you are an applicant, you need to:
- Find clerkship and staff attorney positions that meet your career goals using OSCAR’s detailed search capability.
- Upload application documents and identify your recommenders.
- Create and submit online applications.
- Generate electronic requests for recommendation letters when you apply to a position.
- Review judges’ profiles to determine their hiring practices.
- Legal Jobs – A law jobs aggregator that provides access for a fee. Headquartered in Pasadena, California, with offices throughout the world, LawCrossing locates and classifies jobs on every source it can find and provides its highly specialized research to job seekers, recruiters and other job sites throughout North America.
- Law.com – Law.com connects legal professionals to more than 20 award-winning national and regional legal publications online, including The American Lawyer, The National Law Journal, New York Law Journal and Legal Times, and delivers top legal news electronically to a growing national and global audience of subscribers each day on The Newswire.
- Findlaw – Legal information, lawyer profiles and a community to help in legal your legal needs.
- Law.com – Student edition – Information for the law student
- Top Law Schools – A free and valuable resource to assist students applying to law school.
- Best Lawyers – The oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. For a quarter century, we have helped lawyers and clients find legal counsel in unfamiliar jurisdictions or unfamiliar practice areas.
- Legal Blue Book (by subscription only) — Generations of law students, lawyers, scholars, judges, and other legal professionals have relied on The Bluebook‘s unique system of citation in their writing…
- Legal citation – by Ronald B Stanley
The format for citations to legal materials is different from the format for scholarly citations to books and periodicals in general. This handout is a terse guide to legal citation in the USA.
- Basic Legal Citation – by Peter W Martin
This work first appeared in 1993. It was most recently revised in January 2010. It reflects changes appearing in the third edition of the ALWD Citation Manual, published in 2006 and the most recent edition of The Bluebook, published in 2005.
- Avalon Project – Yale Law School – Documents on law, history & diplomacy. From the beginning of published documents to now, this library has links to all important documents to our civilization. Check out this trove of documents online.
- UVA Lawyer magazine – Keeping both students, faculty & alumni informed about the law school & events.
- The ABA Pro-Bono Center – The ABA Center for Pro-Bono is the national source of information, resources and assistance to support, facilitate, and expand the delivery of pro bono legal assistance.
- 3 Geeks and a Law Blog – A law blog addressing the foci of 3 intrepid law geeks, specializing in their respective fields of knowledge management, internet marketing and library sciences, melding together to form the Dynamic Trio.
- ABA Journal
- Adam Smith Esq
- Empirical Legal Studies
- HBR Blog Network
- Law Professor Blogs Network
- Legal Current
- Legal Project Management
- Legal Week
- Strategic Legal Technology
- Tex Parte Blog
- The AmLaw Daily
- WSJ Law Blog
- The National Association of Legal Search Consultants – This is the national professional organization for the legal search profession and is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards in the field. Marina Sirras is the current President of NALSC.
- American Bar Association – The largest voluntary professional association in the world. With more than 400,000 members, the ABA provides law school accreditation, continuing legal education, information about the law, programs to assist lawyers and judges in their work, and initiatives to improve the legal system for the public.
- Law News Network – Law News Network is the most current and complete source for legal news anywhere — and it exists only on the Web. Originally the online division of American Lawyer Media, the nation’s largest legal journalism company, Law News Network merged in June 1999 with law.com, the Web’s fastest-growing destination for all things legal, and lawstuffusa.com, the world’s largest online law bookstore for students and legal professionals.
- The Law Engine – Since 1996, the easiest legal site to use on the Internet!
- The Lawyer – The Lawyer Newspaper (UK)
- The Legal Times – The Daily Online Service for Lawyers In Metropolitan D.C.
- The National Law Journal – The National Law Journal
- The New York Law Journal – The New York Law Journal website
- Blawg – Directory and search interface designed to connect, collaborate and communicate with the legal community. A source for legal blogs and news feeds.
- Above the Law – A Legal Tabloid
- Hellenic Lawyers Association of New York – The Hellenic Lawyers Association of New York was founded to establish a network of attorneys of Hellenic descent and to provide opportunities for professional development.